I have been busy... And exhausted and just plain sick. But after reading The Spit's list of 8 Things only parents can do, I see red. It's bullshit... Plain and simple. This woman that wrote it needs a reality check and possibly a nice bitchslap... Kinda like I felt when I read it.
I am not normally a violent person but if she is truly that ignorant then God help us if she truly procreated.
And for the record, I am not a parent of children on this earth and I still have done all of these.
I recently had a little one (I consider her my neice) stay with us for her first real vacation longer than a week and without her parents. She was an absolute angel. Absolutely no problems and only 2 minor meltdowns when she got tired and a bit homesick for her mama. I expected it and we made it through it within 10 minutes and some cuddles. Still, I have took care of many little ones that had issues and were exhausting with their attitudes. I love them all, but this little girl was an angel, even with potty training. It was a near perfect week.
But I spent some time watching her and wondering about my angel babies... 2 of which would near her in age. It hurts... Even when she would catch a glimpse of a tear streaming down my face and her sweet tender hearted little self would run over to me, throw her little arms around me, and plant a kiss on my cheek. She would then tell me I am her Eskimo Kisses and that she loves me.
God help me...
I showed her what her great aunt, my late mother, taught me... How to eskimo kiss. I had dreamed of teaching my own children but...
My soul is full of love and someday I will tell her just how much her love means and that it saved me at a time that my heart, soul, and body is so broken and some days just waking up takes more effort than I have.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I wish you would have posted the link so I could read it and get made with you! :) -Meredith
ReplyDelete