Monday, November 24, 2008

24 and a blogger rant.

Ok, first off, I need to rant. Is there a freaking live person at Google and why aren't they doing anything for those of us that are requesting our blogs to be unlocked? I know I'm not the only one that has this issue and I can't understand why they say 48 hours after the review request is sent that I have to continually request reviews every week.
Denze
For the love of Jack! What do I have to do to get someone HUMAN to unlock my dang blog?

Ok, rant over...now to the good stuff.


24: Redemption was on last night and I have watched it three times since. My God, I've missed Jack!! Ok, so Kiefer is my favorite actor of all-time and I've met him. When girls my age were oggling Johnny Depp and Denzel Washington, I was in love with Kiefer. I've seen everything he's been in more than once and own most of it and I actively help with getting the word out about the groups that his label signs. But that's another blog for another day...I just have to get back on track with the movie from last night.

I've heard alot of bad reviews from folks saying that it wasn't 24 enough for them. Well, buddy boy, I am here to tell you why. It is about putting a message out there about kids being recruited for wars in other countries. A message that is so personal to me because I have a military family and most of my friends are military, too. When they come back from fighting, I've had all of them tell me that the one thing they can't deal with is the fact they had to shoot or was shot at by children.

So, the prequel to Season 7 isn't about the twists of 24. It deals with what has happened to Jack up to this point. The Africa part was supposed to be four hours, but they couldn't justify the real time issue getting from Africa to D.C. I believe it would have been more 24-like if they had been able to air all of what was intended, but due to the glaring issues around their real-time issue, they made a point to show people that there is a real problem in this world in other countries, countries our men and women are fighting in every day, regarding children being recruited to fight in wars.

I enjoyed it, but I knew it wasn't going to have all of the twists and turns that 24 has during the season. I can understand why alot of people are upset that it just didn't present what the show normally presents, but seriously, it was just a prequel that was intended to be four hours long and had to be cut due to the time restraints and because of the long-hiatus that brought the opportunity for that story-line to be a 2-hour prequel. It was predictible, but sheesh, what did people expect for a prequel that leads up to Season 7. (Of course, I'm biased because I know most of the spoilers for the new season.)

Jack is back!

(I have GOT to learn how to do pictures on here!)

1 comment:

  1. I watched it and I thought it was great! I can not wait for the new season to start.

    ReplyDelete