I belong to a board where I have met some of my closest friends. There was a woman...she didn't much like my friends and me, but she had become the sweetheart of this board over the past few years. Anyway this woman had a horrible life. I felt sorry for her...gave her the benefit of the doubt. Her teenage daughter had been missing for three years...someone had kidnapped her. This woman has two other children, one is a boy that has autism.
About a month ago, this woman started a thread...it got heated, real heated and a lot of fingers of nasty mean things had been pointed at my friends and I. The woman had posts pulled, got 'slapped' by the moderator and disappeared. Two days later, a family member came on to tell all of us that she had been put in the hospital due to her cervical cancer that she had for two years, had turned for the worse. Within a week, this woman had been in and out of the hospital, posted her goodbyes on her home thread and flew to Ireland where she died within hours after landing there.
My friends and I had spoke to each other regarding this issue...most of us have personal losses to cancer. Most of us have watched loved ones die and some of us have battled cancer...we knew that this story had so many holes in it that it was falling apart. But we said nothing on the board that we all posted on with this woman...we didn't want to seem like the heartless guilt-filled bitches we seemed to feel like we were for doubting this woman's journey.
Until this woman's friends came out of the woodwork less than two days after the woman 'died' and claimed they had put together the pieces and they just didn't fit or make sense and this woman was very much alive and posting at another board within the site we post on.
Not only was her cancer story and death a lie, but her story of her missing daughter was a lie. Her daughter is alive and well and teaching an art course in the area where the family lives.
I've been physically sick over this...I've posted quite a few times my opinion on the situation...but my main issue with this is that there are so many of us in this world that have watched cancer steal the lives of those we love...and some of us can't have babies no matter how fucking hard we try.
And this crazy fucking sick despicable nut job loon posts that her teenage daughter is kidnapped and missing for over three years and that she, herself, had cancer and died while pretending to be 'family'.
Not once has she said she was sorry, not once has she seen the point some of us have made in saying that child services needs to go into this home and take the precious kids out...instead she has acted like she is the victim.
I've always thought it would be bad karma to lie about such horrible things about yourself...but I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that she conned people, including me, into believing her daughter was missing for three years. How could you pretend and fake that with people that called you a friend...that sent money to you to aid in the search of your child?
The woman came to a board that is free-speech and off-site from the heavily moderated one to play the victim and I asked her...How could she pretend her daughter was missing? How could she pretend she was sick and dying? i asked her if she was afraid of waking up some day and being sick with cancer and dying while one of her kids were missing and what would she do knowing she pretended that happened before it did? I didn't expect an answer and I haven't received one, but I would really like to know how she could sleep at night and how she can rationalize what she has lied about over the last few years. How can she look at her precious children and say that she loves them when she has lied about their well-being and such horrible things as one being missing and one being autistic?
I'm trying to save my fifth baby from miscarrying...I'm begging God to allow me to have this child because if I lose sweet pea, I'm not sure I can even consider and attempting to get pregnant again. I'm holding onto every strand of faith I can find to get me through this while mourning the loss of my fourth baby just days ago.
I just can't wrap my mind around it...it makes me ill just thinking that God has allowed people like her to have babies...while there are those of us that are struggling to conceive, carry and deliver healthy babies.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I think many boards have one of these people. I used to frequent a TTC board with a sperm bank that had a woman who regularly came on and told everyone about horrible dire health problems where she could no longer TTC and a month or 2 later she would be back. Also she would make up multiple sign ons with various stories. Crazy what makes some people tick. I think though that you meet them in real life too but they are often more obvious and we are less likely to fall for all of it.
ReplyDelete