I planted this Amaryllis on the day after Christmas shortly after I came home after the twins were born. It was supposed to take 6 weeks to bloom and I had almost lost it several times because it was so cold here and little sunlight. I looked last night at it and and saw that it was so close to blooming, yet the blooms were hanging towards the ground like it just wasn't going to bloom and die instead. I cried and cried because that was something I had done in order to remember my babies that I will never get to watch grow or bloom into beautiful people.
In the midst of so much darkness, death, illness, and so much sadness, it bloomed today. I came home after being out all day. I had a horrible headache and was exhausted. I looked up and there it was in all of it's glory during the sunset. A wave of peace washed over me as I looked at it. I just had to capture it.






----------------
Listening to: Rocco Deluca and The Burden - Gift
via FoxyTunes
Nature gives us so much. The bloom is is the beginning. I hope it gave you a smile...for a moment.
ReplyDeleteWow it is so beautiful!
ReplyDelete