Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Domestic violence claims two lives....

I really don't know what to say. I'm so drained and in a state of shock, I still can't believe it. One of the saddest things in the world, I'm sure this list will grow as the week goes on, is watching a father/grandfather/father-in-law try to come to terms with finding the bodies of his beloved daughter and infant grandson that had been beaten and shot to death by his son-in-law. The husband of the young woman and father of the infant son was there, sitting beside the bodies that he is accused of murdering. He is accused of shooting his wife and beating his son only months after several domestic violence police reports.

The autopsy is being done today, the husband has been charged for the double murder, his smiling, yes smiling, mugshot all over the news.

Two lives cut very short. One in her start of adulthood and the other in the dawn of his childhood. Two families devastated. A community in shock. A father and grandfather that seen things no parent or grandparent should ever have to witness and a realization that it is too late for medical treatment. Family and friends started to gather yesterday as the news came in. So many questions are unanswered. So much love in such a horrible situation.

I have been around alot of death in my life. I've witnessed some horrible things, but this is by far, the worst. I left the house broken and shattered. At the hands of an accused father and husband, two young people lost their lives in a very tragic murder.

Rest in peace Pa.tty and Lan.don. You are loved so much and you will be missed by so many.

1 comment:

  1. Rest In peace indeed. We know your angelic friends too well.

    ReplyDelete