Thursday, January 15, 2009

The day the turntable quit

-10º,

That is how cold it was this morning. It is supposed to be -12 tomorrow morning. I haven't been warm all day.

I'm a music junkie. I can immerse myself in the music and get lost for hours. It is one of my escapes and a passion. I was fine today until my turntable quit. I had a really nice one when I was with my ex-husband and when we split, I couldn't afford a new one and he took the one we had, a nice expensive one, and gave it (along with the rest of the $500 stereo system that I was so proud to own) to a former friend of mine that was shacking up with him. So I bought this one used and it was in really good shape, but I have played it ALOT in the last few years. Today in the middle of one of my Maynard Ferguson album's, it stopped. Won't even turn on. I've repaired a few turntables (along with other music equipment while in college) so I took it apart and realized that the motor was fried. I am so angry that now I am not able to listen to my records and knowing that the all the money I'll have in the next three months is going to bills that have to be paid, I know it will be a while before I'll be able to replace it.

I don't know who I pissed off, but sheesh, enough already! I know this isn't life or death, but my music is such a part of me that it feels someone cut off a limb. I'm the crazy musician that doesn't leave home without her Ipod (and charger), a favorite cd's, a list of music I want or need, and a list of places, dates, and times of groups I want to hear, or music that I'm working on, just in case I have a few moments and/or (depending on what it is) a musical instrument.


Actually, I think I might start a blog about music. God knows I could write for days about it and never get tired. I'll have to think about that for a bit.

----------------
Listening to: The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
via FoxyTunes





1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I came here to give you a quick note of thanks for reading my blog, but I just caught up on your last few weeks. My heart just breaks for you. I am so so sorry about your little twins. I will be praying for you ((hugs)) ~Sara

    ReplyDelete