Monday, January 5, 2009

Today just reminded me how much I dislike doctors.

I'm so disgusted with my doctors right now I could scream. I went in today for tests thinking it would be a complete blood work-up, urine, pelvic, and possibly an x-ray because since I fell my tailbone has been killing me and I've cracked it before. But no, add to that a schedule to have a cat scan and an ultrasound. So I have to go back on Wednesday to get those done since I didn't have time to do all of the tests today.

I do have an infection and at least three cysts on my ovaries.

Enough about that, I'm just disgusted that they (the doctors and hospital) still don't have their act together after spending millions of dollars in making their facilities better.

The parking sucks. I used to be able to park within a block of the facility. If I can't park at the clinics, I have to park at the damn hospital which is a good mile walk away. A real bitch if you are on crutches, alone, and when it's snow/icy out.

The wait after you get checked in is at least two hours and at least 30 minutes once they call you back to a room.

They've totally screwed up my billing since my divorce. No insurance and it doesn't go to the ex-husband. How hard is that? I'm on a payment plan with so much paid at the appointment and afterward, I never see a dang bill. If you want your money, send ME the bill. Not my ex-husband. Not my paternal grandparents who are deceased. Not a former insurance company. TO ME. It really makes me NOT want to pay you if I receive a call from my ex-husband giving me grief. It causes problems, major problems. Problems that usually send me back to the doctor/hospital. And what the hell is with sending my bills to my deceased paternal grandparents home? I have a hunch, but when the addresses are in two different cities, I'd think you'd get a clue and maybe some tact since you have been told on more than one occasion that both are not living.

Get a clue, you have enough of my money so I know you could buy one.

There was something else I was going to blog about, but for the life of me can't remember. Guess I'll be back when I remember.


----------------
Listening to: Justin Dillon & Rocco DeLuca - I Am an Abolitionist (Live)
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. That DR's office sounds horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hospital politics should NEVER get in the way of the patient's emotional and physical needs.

    Loaded statement - I know.

    ReplyDelete