Friday, January 23, 2009

Stupidity of the day

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity I've encountered today. Few things surprise me, but today, I am in awe of how stupid some people are.

The first one is the story regarding a woman out of Iowa. You can read about it here. I can't believe they arrested her for a $13.95 book and she ended up paying $250 for her bond.

The second one tops all things stupid...at least for today. A local company that my family works for and I used to work for was recently sold to another company. This company has really cracked down on safety and even gave one of the guys there the extra job of being safety coordinator for the local branch. Today they received a big box that had another box that was completely empty! This was shipped via UPS which is rather costly. They claim this empty box was for the safety videos that they are shipping one-by-one to the branch, thus costing even more money considering they are shipping these via UPS next day.

What the heck were they thinking in spending all that money shipping two boxes that had nothing in it for videos they send one-by-one? No wonder they can't afford to give raises.


On a side note, I'm still dealing with wisdom tooth from hell. I woke up yesterday and every bone and muscle in my body was sore. I have no idea why I'm so dang sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment